CHARLOTTE, NC – The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) opened its 93rdAnnual Education and Business Conference, the association’s first in-person conference since 2019, at the Sheraton Charlotte Hotel.
During the opening session of the conference, IAPMO honored many individuals with awards recognizing the unique contributions and longstanding support of members and industry allies. The awards and their recipients include:
- Legislator of the Year: U.S. Representative Norma Torres (D-California) of California’s 35e district
- President’s Green Oval: Shabbir Rawalpindiwala, Kohler Co. Codes and Standards Manager; Tim Collings, Retired Senior Building Inspector, City of Salt Lake
- Joseph Kneidinger Sustainability Professional of the Year: Doug Bennett, Conservation Manager, Southern Nevada Water Authority
- Bruce Pfeiffer Committee Member of the Year: Rex Crawford, Retired Chief Plumbing Inspector, City of Lincoln, Nebraska
- American Flag Award: Jaime Valdivia, retired director of the Piping Industry Progress and Education Trust Fund (PIPE)
- Industry Personality of the Year: Ray Levangie, Retired Business Manager, UA Local 398
- Government figure of the year: John Nielsen, Plumbing and HVAC Program Manager, State of Idaho
- George Kauffman Lifetime Achievement Award: Dave Mann, Retired Sales Representative, UA Local 342
The association also introduced a new award, the IAPMO Fellow, to honor long-time and newer contributors of distinction. The first class of inductees are: Bob Adler, Jim Anderlik, Denvert Boney, Ken Carlson, Tim Collings, Bob Courtnier, Rex Crawford, Dan Daniels, Mike Durfee, Larry Facer, Pennie Feehan, Doug Fredericksen, Tom Gugino, John Halliwill, Gary Hamilton, Sherry Hernandez, Gary Hile, Chuck Kirby, John Koeller, Bill Laub, Ray Levangie, Richard Lisle, Dave Mann, David McHenry, Danny Nunez, DJ Nunez, Bruce Pfeiffer (posthumously), Tom Pitcherello, Linden Raimer ( posthumously), Shabbir Rawalpindiwala, Phil Ribbs, Ron Rice, Arnie Rodio, Bob Siemsen, Larry Soskin, Jim Stack, Marylyn Stapleton, Dave Straub, Jaime Valdivia, Mike Wynne.
IAPMO CEO Dave Viola presented the annual State of IAPMO Report, and the keynote was delivered by the International Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Foundation (IWSH) , updating IAPMO members on recent initiatives in Lowndes County, Alabama, and the Navajo Nation to address pressing issues. problems affecting residents’ access to safe drinking water and sanitation systems.
IAPMO’s 94th Annual Education and Business Conference will be held in San Antonio, September 24-28, 2023.