May 4 – 5, 2022
8:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EDT
DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Downtown
108 Chestnut Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1R3
Or call 888-224-2480 for faster service.
You can save extra 10% discount the current rate using the code D10-999-JDS22.
The Canadian Institute 13th Annual Police Law Conference, Eastern Edition returns to Toronto on May 4 – 5, 2022.
For 2 days, police chiefs, in-house attorneys, and a wide variety of government and civilian agencies will analyze new legislation and precedent-setting case law, to determine the highest policing standards.
CO-CHAIR OF THE 2022 CONFERENCE
Deputy Director – Executive Head, Cannabis Legalization
Ontario Provincial Police
Deputy Commissioner, Strategic Initiatives and External Relations
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
chief of police
Waterloo Regional Police Service
Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police
Deputy Head, Innovation and Technology
Peel Regional Police
Black Law Enforcement Association (ABLE)
This year’s event will examine policy changes facing police departments, such as systemic changes in how police disciplinary matters are handled, as well as proposed changes to drug enforcement, l use of facial recognition and transnational reforms in response to funding the police movement.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS YEAR:
- How to Investigate Internal Harassment of Sworn Officers and Civilian Police Personnel: Reconciliation Occupational Health and Safety Act and requirements of the Police Services Act
- Keeping agents safe during high-risk pandemic-related service calls with an overview of the Occupational Health and Safety Act: From protests to private residential searches and seizures
- Enforcement of custody and access: Apprehending children under article 36 of the Children’s Law Reform Act and other family law matters
- Maintaining Informant Confidentiality and Attorney Client Privilege
- Demystifying Ontario’s New System for Handling Police Disciplinary Cases and best practices for appearing before the Ontario Civilian Police Commission
Don’t miss two practical and intensive sessions pre-conference workshops to May 3!
CPD accreditation is available.
Concerned about travel?
Sign up and pay to lock in your early bird rate and be eligible for a full refund through April 22.
Save an additional 10% on the conference using code D10-999-JDS22.
*The discount is valid for new registrations only and is not applicable for workshops.