Hello everyone. I’m back in your inbox this warm morning with your new copy of the Savannah Daily, fresh off the presses. Come find out everything you need to know about what’s happening in the city.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Cloudy and sunny weather. High: 91 Low: 72.
🏡 Looking for more real estate leads in Savannah? Let us help you reach potential buyers and set you apart from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top three stories in Savannah today:
- The conference of the southeastern provinces of the United States and Canada is organized in Savannah. The two-day conference aims to discuss economic development and business opportunities between the two regions. The 2022 conference is the second time this important event has been held in Georgia. Governor Brian Kemp spoke on behalf of the state at the conference. (fox28media.com)
- Are you looking for a new job or just considering a career change? Patch, with help from ZipRecruiter, compiled a list of top employers in the Savannah area hiring for open positions. Click the link for the full list which includes part-time, full-time and seasonal positions. (Savannah Patch)
- A downtown Savannah chef has been named the best chef in the nation by the James Beard Foundation. Mashama Bailey was named the foundation’s 2022 Outstanding Chef for her vision of Port City Southern cuisine. She was also named Southeast’s Top Chef of 2019 and served as Vice President of the Edna Lewis Foundation. Want to taste Bailey’s cooking? Le Gray’s Diner Bar is open from Wednesday to Saturday. (The journey awaits you)
Help us improve this newsletter!
We’ve received so many positive comments on the Savannah Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back to earth with constructive feedback? If so, take our simple – and fast! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and gossip that really matters to you. And it will help us achieve our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you unsubscribe from.
We would appreciate your feedback so much that if you complete the survey, we will enter your email address in a drawing for a little patch swag mountain. You know you want this tote bag – so click the link and give it to us direct. Thanks!
Take the survey 👉
Today in Savannah:
- match day At the Bull Street Library (3:00 p.m.)
- LEGO club At the Carnegie Library (3:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Savannah’s skyline is one of the best in the world. Click to a list of the best rooftop bars and restaurants in Savannah to enjoy the view. (Visit Savane)
- The 4th of July evening discussion with the Town Manager of Tybee Island has been cancelled. (Twitter)
- The Savannah Harley-Davidson Freedom Festival will take place on July 2 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Attendees will enjoy bike games, live music and a free barbecue dinner. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
That’s all for today! I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update.
— Danielle Fallon-O’Leary
About me: Danielle Fallon-O’Leary is a senior writer at content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com with the management of the community newsletter. Danielle also has a Masters in Communication Science and Disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech therapist.